jueves, 5 de enero de 2012

6. My favourite band: U2

I like many different types of music, but rock and pop-rock are my favourite. My favourite band is called U2. This group are an Irish rock band from Dublin. It was formed long time ago , in 1976, before I was born. The group consists of Bono (vocals and guitar), The Edge (guitar, keyboards and vocals), Adam Clayton (bass guitar), and Larry Mullen, Jr. (drums and percussion).

The first time that I listened this band I was twelve and I was doing out school english classes when the teacher played the song Sunday Bloody Sunday. I love all of their song because in contrast of the newest music, the U2's lyrics have sence. I also like it  because they have collaborated with other musicians, celebrities, and politicians to address issues concerning poverty, disease, and social injustice. Furthermore I’ve been to Ireland three times in my live and maybe that has influenced to make this band as my favorite.

The best songs are: With or Without You, Where The Streets Have No Name, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, One...

I suggest this magnific band to everybody who have a good liking music!

.

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Marta!
    Oh! This band is increible!
    i remember when we was listening this music in your mp3 and i love it.
    They are mitics and a lot of famous... we will should go to the concert of U2!
    Thank's for this activity Marta, is so cool.

    Jessica
    oxox

    ResponderEliminar